I am developing a website on ASP.NET 2.0 with MS SQL Server 2005. After creating some pages, i need to access it through LAN, that means from remote pc. I am creating a website of a shopping mall and the web project folder name is "ABCShoppingMall" and the name of the database is "ABCShoppingMallDB".
I have faced some problems, but i succseed at last.
So i am giving you the steps what you have to do:
- Install the Internet Information Service (IIS) in your pc.
- Copy the web project folder into "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot".
- Go to "Control Panel-->Administrative Tools-->Internet Information Services Manager".
- A window will appear and click on the Default Web Site to spand.
- Go to the properties of your desired web project here and create an Application Name.
- Now go in your browser and if your page name is abc.aspx, then write "http://[ip address]/Application Name/abc.aspx"
- Now you will get your desired page.
If your web project is connected with any database, ex: ABCShoppingMallBD.mdf, then you must have the SQL Server Management Studio Express. Without it you can't configure your database for the LAN.
I assume, you all have the tool and now i am describing what you have to do:
- If you use windows authentication for accessing the database, then you must have to create a login name. The name must be "ASPNET" because, remote pc use this name for login. So, for creating this, through the object explorer, go to "Security-->Logins". Right click on the Logins tab and click on "New Login".
- A new window will appear. On the Login Name , write "ASPNET" and select your desired database from the dropdown menu of the Default Database tab.
- Click on Ok button and you are almost finished.
- At last, go to your System's Control Panel, and create a new user named "ASPNET" as administrator and you are finished.
Now open your browser and search for some item, you will get the result according your code.
Thats all for today.